CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Date Night......

Monday night Trey and I went to the movies. My mom was still in town from the b-day wk.end so she watched the kids for us. We go out on a date only a few times a yr. so I was really looking forward to it. I picked the movie and I wanted to go to the new Warren Theater. The movie started at 6:40- we got to the theater around 6:15 - which is way early for us, but I wanted to check out the Theater. We get in line and Trey tells the young girl behind the counter that we want to see "What Happens In Vegas" The young girl tells Trey that they are not showing the last two showings of that movie tonight b/c there was a Toby Mac concert in that Theater. We get out of line and try to figure out what we are going to do now. So I get mad b/c I didn't really want to see any other movie. I have Trey call AMC and that didn't work out b/c of time. So we get back in line as we were trying to decide between two other movies. Trey gets back to the counter and says "since the movie we wanted to see if not being shown we are going to go w/ Zohan." Then the 18 yr. old "Manager" shows us this piece of paper that he must have went and got from the time we left the counter the first time and he informs us that Movie Tickets.com is their "official" site for movie times. That is when I kinda lost it hehehe - I was trying to stay calm during this whole time but after he said that I laughed and said "movietickets.com is your OFFICIAL site for movie times, how would I know that, I went to Warren Theaters and looked up the movie times" The 18 yr. old "manager" just looked at me, he didn't know what to say so one of the young girls says "the movie will be showing tomorrow night, maybe you could come back tomorrow." Then I punched her in the face and Trey had to drag me out of the theater. heeheheeehhe Just Kidding - I told her "IF I WANTED TO GO TO THE MOVIES TOMORROW I WOULD COME TOMORROW NOT TONIGHT" After that I told Trey not to bother we were not going to watch a movie. We left the counter, I was upset.... Trey got another "Manager" who actually knew what he was doing. He (the Manager) understood where I was coming from, which is what I wanted to hear. hehehehe. And we went to the Adam Sandler Zohan movie and had popcorn and drinks at no cost to us. Not a great movie, but it fit into our time schedule. The End.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I hate when I have my mind set on something to do and then it doesn't work out as planned. It is SO FRUSTRATING! At least you got free popcorn and pop;)

Anonymous said...

lol score! EF Are EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Michelle said...

I can sympathize. I took the girls to the dollar theater last week. It just happened to be the same day that the Y brought all 70 of their daycare kids! We had to wait an hour to get hotdogs and drinks. I got very upset at the girl behind the counter- yes, there was only one girl doing the concessions. My girls were starving to death. It was nuts!

I'm glad you guys got to go out without the kiddos though. That's really important. Call me next time you want to go- I owe you a few!