CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

YES !!!

Well a few wks. ago our comp. broke, I know nothing about comp. but it was "sick" It would take me about 20 min. just to check my e-mail, not worth it, let alone if I needed to e-mail anyone that would take another 20 min. So anyway I was getting sick of it not working so I fixed it - did I already say I know nothing about computers but I fixed mine hehehehee - I think it is kinda funny - but hey at least I can read others blogs and I can write mine. OK so I fixed the comp. a couple days ago and then last night I was going to get on the comp. and do something real quick before bed and the screen said I was not connected to the internet, oh I got mad but quickly firgured out that problem too. So I am happy to say that my comp. works. So I am going to blog before the comp. gets "sick" again. hehehe Which it did get "sick" again - I broke it big time - but thankfully we took it to Terri a couple nights ago and he fixed it -












The month of June we had 3 b-days which meant 3 b-day parties. Not only did we have 3 b-day parties we did them all in the same wk.end so that family from out of town could come to all parties. I did A and L party w/ A's friend and it was an outside water party. It was crazy b/c there were a lot of kids, but it was fun and the kids had a great time. A's friends Mema made the girls cakes, which was awesome. And D party was put together in a wk. b/c he was going to have his party at Hey Day and do Laser Tag but this he broke his arm. So I had to come up w/ something else, which I did. I came up w/ the "one arm awards" we had everyone's arm in a sling and then had "events" using their other arm. Then we had "awards" for the "events." It really was a lot of fun and the kids loved it. And we wrapped the fun up w/ a silly string fight in the front yard. So the kids are 7, 4, and 2 now - where does the time go?
D got his cast off. I guess that was an ordeal, b/c he also got the pins pulled out too. T said blood was gushing everywhere when they pulled the pins out plus he hurt b/c they don't numb you for it. His arm is doing ok, he will work on moving it for a couple of wks. and then we will move it for a couple of wks. and after that we go back to the Dr. and see how it is going. He is heading back to the gym on Monday. He still can't use his right arm in the gym but I know his coach will find something for him to do.


D also went to Camp Rock Creek this past wk. Our Life Group kids went. Erin was their sponsor, Thanks so much Erin... kids could not have gone w/out you doing that!! D had a blast, this was his first camp of any kind and he talked about it all wk. and still talks about it. He told me all about the lesson each day, which he has never done before. At church he may tell me a little something but not like this, he told me the entire story, it was great. It was great and the kids had a good time. Erin heard about Camp last minute but I am glad she organized it even if it was short notice.




As for me I started a colon cleanse a few wks. ago. It is a few pills in the morning then a fiber drink before brk.fast and then an herbal tea before bed. It is going well. I will be doing it for a couple months. I am not walking like I was, I know I need to get back to it, and I will. I am doing a pretty good job on my eating, not perfect but that is ok.
T had his annual wk.end w/ college friends. It sounds like he had a great time. It is always nice seeing old friends and catching up on life.
I am so happy to be back blogging - I never knew I would miss it so much.




2 comments:

Jenny said...

You have been MIA on the blogging, I wondered what was going on! You have had ALOT going on. The girl's cakes were beautiful and you were creative on D's party too.

What an awesome experience for your life group to take some kids to camp! We want to join up with you all next year. I grew up going to Rock Creek myself.

Michelle said...

Yeah, you're back!!

Becca went running by me at your girls' party and said, "This is the best party EVER!" She had a blast.

And Maddie thought D's party was so fun. Very clever you are.

And I need to do a post on camp. Maddie had a blast too. It was such a great experience for her.