CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Going Home....

























Going home...we (the kids and I) went to NE for a wk. We left as soon as VBS was over and the trip back was not good, the girls did not enjoy that long car ride (took me 7 hrs.) I thought I took enough "stuff" to keep them busy, but it turns out I didn't. But we made it and had a great wk.

One evening the whole family got together (which hardly ever happens w/ my family) It was a great evening. My dad made bbq ribs on the grill and Laura made several dishes including sweet corn (which I love) and Lily did too!! I love seeing my kids interact w/ their g-ma and g-pa and Laura and their Uncle Brandon and Aunt Britt and Uncle Coby. Made the rounds of visiting family and friends which is always enjoyable. I love visiting w/ my g-pa, I could listen to him tell story after story (growing up in the Depression, serving in WWII, farming, my grandma, etc). I met up w/ a friend from high school and her kids and went to the local water park. We all had a great time (no pic.'s of those b/c I took a water camera that day). Then another day we (mom and I) took the kids to the local museum and they had a blast.
The trip back to OK was much better (about 6 hrs.) and the girls did great on the way back. So now we are home and quickly getting back into our crazy routine. I don't want to think about school starting and gymnastics practice etc. etc. So I am just going to enjoy the next two wks......






1 comments:

Michelle said...

You are a brave woman to travel that far with 3 kids by yourself. I've done it once to Iowa with both girls. But 3 is a whole different ballgame.